Monday, December 29, 2008

Almost a New Year and Have Learned Alot

It has been over a year now and I have learned alot about how to earn money from home just using your computer and a little hard work. I have tried MLM businesses, mystery shopping, surveys, work from home jobs, blogging, paid per click site and direct marketing and although I had success with only a few I have had fun with all.

My first experience was with surveys and I was confident that I could make money with this type of venue. AND...I have. I have had lots of fun along the way and have earned points towards gift cards (which come in handy at Christmas Time!), free products and coupons for discounts on products, cash and entries into many contests. I even won a few. My best achievement in the survey world was that I was invited to a Focus Group and for just an hour of my time I was compensated $75! I will continue to fill out surveys in the new year because it is fun and does help with my family's budget.

My next endeavor was Mystery Shopping. This is my personal favorite. Although it does require both time at the computer and time out of the home I would still classify it as a work form home opportunity. I have been paid anywhere from $4 to $60 to shop, eat in restaurants, go to movies, get my haircut, book appointments online and even visited a police station to ask for directions and was paid $35! I feel for time spent and fun had this is one of the most appealing "jobs" I have found on the internet. I am still sent e-mails daily for companies wanting my services for mystery shopping.

With the success I had achieved in these two areas I started reading on MLM business or direct selling. I joined two companies. The first was Prepaid Legal. They sell prepaid legal packages and protection against identity theft. Although I loved the product and convince it would be an easy sell it was not. In my area there just seemed to be no interest. I had fun but eventually had to resign. The next company I signed up with was Avon. Now I know I could sell this and have. My success has been limited only because my time has been limited but I will continue with this company because the products I love myself and because they are so easy to sell. Just hand out a book and "voila" you have an order!

Next I have worked with two companies who give people like myself the opportunity to work from home seeling products that their clients promote. The first I had high hopes for. The training was extensive and the people were easy to work with but in the end when I had to work my first shift alone the support was not there and unfortunately I had to "let down" a few customers who were interested in the product simply because I had no backup. I tried again on another shift and experience more of the same so I quit. The second company was easier to work for. I received alot of support and good training. The work was easy and enjoyable but when it came to being paid I often had to wait and wait. Coupled with the fact that my shifts kept being cancelled, after two months of working every week I decided it was too nervewracking to work not knowing if I had a full shift or not knowing when I would be paid. Fortunately I have made a few friends in this line of work who are successfully and consistently supporting themselves solely on this type of employement. I have a few leads on reputable companies with both good support and a proven track record and will be applying with these companies in the new year. Stay tuned for further developments.

Lastly I have found another way which to earn money through and with the internet. Paid per click and paid per view websites. I have a few good sites which I have been paid consistently with and a few others which after much hard work have lost my time that I had originally invested because they "disappeared" off the internet. I will continue with these sites and explain in further posts how to get started with this opportunity and the sites which have worked for me.

So all in all I have had a busy year and know that with more organization on my part it will be possible to actually earn an income with these opportunities and to pass along my successes to others in my blog. Thanks to everyone who stopped by this "very amateur" blog and took the time to read. I can't believe I have had almost 500 hits!!!

No comments: